Breast Cancer / Rena Rowan Center
The Penn Difference
Innovative Research... Advanced Medicine... Service Excellence
- Nationally recognized experts
- Advanced diagnostic testing, treatments and technologies
- Coordinated care
- Support services
- A reputation for sensitivity and responsiveness
- Personalized attention
- Innovative clinical trials
- The backing of a major research program with immediate translation to patient care
What sets Penn’s Breast Cancer Program apart?
Penn’s multidisciplinary breast cancer program at the Rena Rowan Breast Center is distinguished in a number of ways including:
- Timely diagnosis
- Oncologists who are full-time faculty of the University of Pennsylvania and whose practice is exclusive to breast cancer
- Dedicated breast radiologists and pathologists who work with the breast team to achieve a precise diagnosis
- Rehabilitation specialists to help with cancer-related side effects, including lymphedema service
- Pioneers in the use of breast conservation and oncoplastic surgery.
- Leaders in skin sparring surgery and pioneers in the field of free flap autogenous breast reconstruction, using the most advanced muscle-preserving techniques.
- Specialty boutique offering items for breast cancer patients and families.
- Nationally-recognized breast research program
- Foremost breast cancer genetics risk evaluation program in the country
- The Breast Center has been recognized as a "Breast Cancer Center of Excellence" by the Department of Defense, one of only 14 sites.
- Penn’s Breast Cancer Research Program is one of the few programs of its kind approved and funded by the National Cancer Institute.
- The Cancer Center is home to OncoLink, the oldest, largest, and most trusted source for cancer information on the Internet. In a study conducted by researchers at RAND Health OncoLink's breast cancer information section outperforms other sites.