Questions to Ask Your Doctor or Nurse
Is there a study that might be right for me?
- Why is the study being done?
- How might it help me?
- What will happen to my cancer if I take part in the study? What will happen to my cancer without this study?
- What were the results of any prior studies of this treatment?
- What other treatments could I get if I don't take part in the study? What are the risks and side effects of that treatment?
If I join the study:
- How am I protected?
- What tests and treatments are in the study?
- Will I continue to see my current doctor, or will I be seeing a different one (or both)?
- What effect will the study have on my daily activities? Will I still be able to work or go to school?
- Will I have to be in the hospital?
- What are the possible risks or side effects for me?
- How do the risks and side effects of other treatment options compare with the study?
- Will my insurance cover being in the study?
- Will there be extra costs because of the study?
- How will I be checked after the study?
Printer Friendly PDF
Talk to your Doctor or Nurse about a Clinical Trial that might be right for you.