What are some of the possible benefits of taking part in a clinical trial?
The benefits of participating in a clinical trial include the following:
- Trial participants have access to promising new interventions that are generally not available outside of a clinical trial.
- The intervention being studied may be more effective than standard therapy. If it is more effective, trial participants may be the first to benefit from it.
- Trial participants receive regular and careful medical attention from a research team that includes doctors, nurses, and other health professionals.
- The results of the trial may help other people who need cancer treatment in the future.
- Trial participants are helping scientists learn more about cancer (e.g., how it grows, how it acts, and what influences its growth and spread).
Next FAQ: What are some of the potential harms associated with taking part in a clinical trial?