Tracey Birnhak Nutritional Counseling Program
The Penn Difference
Our Registered Dietitians
- Are the featured experts for the nutrition section of "Ask the Experts," on OncoLink , Abramson Cancer Center's award-winning cancer resource on the web.
- Present at national conferences such as the American Dietetic Association Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo and regional events such as FitFest. Topics and research presented have included "From Hospital to Home: A Focus on Upper Gastrointestinal Cancers" and the "Power of Prevention."
- Are frequent presenters at a variety of disease specific patient conferences and support groups throughout the region and conduct workshops on oncology nutrition topics.
- Offer regular classes for Abramson Cancer Center patients, including the classes Nutrition During Cancer Treatment, Nutrition for the Cancer Survivor and A Weigh to a Healthier You, a weight loss workshop for breast cancer survivors. See below for class information.
- Participate in a variety of research projects focusing on areas such as weight gain following breast cancer treatment, the impact of a weight loss and exercise program on cancer-related fatigue and the effect of nutritional intervention in gastrointestinal cancer patients.
- Are knowledgeable on the use of complementary and alternative cancer therapies and can provide education regarding herbs, cancer diets, and supplements.