Melanoma and Pigmented Lesions
The Penn Difference
Innovative Research ... Comprehensive Patient Care ... Service Excellence
- Nationally recognized experts
- Multidisciplinary evaluation
- Advanced diagnostic testing, treatments and technologies
- Coordinated care
- Support services
- A reputation for sensitivity and responsiveness
- Personalized attention
- Innovative clinical trials
- The backing of a major research program with immediate translation to patient care
What sets Penn's Melanoma Program apart?
- A nationally recognized team of doctors who have worked together for years caring for patients who have melanoma or are at risk
- A first of its kind interdisciplinary Melanoma and Pigmented Lesion Program
- Expert diagnosticians whose skills are needed to precisely diagnose melanoma.
- Individualized attention and personalized care plans
- A strong focus on education and monitoring so that melanoma can be prevented or caught early.
- Emphasis on the family, since melanoma risk can be high among family members.
- Innovative treatments and clinical trials unavailable at most hospitals or cancer centers.
- Integration into a comprehensive research program in melanoma that is nationally recognized and funded by the National Cancer Institute, ensuring that the latest discovery is translated to better patient care immediately.
- One of the 4 recipients of a National Cancer Institute Specialized Programs of Research Excellence (SPORE) grants to study novel technologies and approaches to preventing, diagnosing and treating melanoma and skin cancers.
- Our National Cancer Institute (NCI) approved and funded melanoma Research Program was founded in 1978 and is considered by other melanoma scientists to be one of the leading programs in the country, and has been rated "outstanding" by the NCI.