Mariann and Robert MacDonald Women's Cancer Risk Evaluation Center
When at risk for breast or ovarian cancer, patients need to have complete confidence in their medical team.
The cancer risk team at Penn’s Abramson Cancer Center offers:
- Nationally recognized experts with years of experience in breast and ovarian cancer risk
- Advanced diagnostic testing, treatments and technologies
- Innovative clinical trials
- Coordinated care
- Support services and education programs
- A reputation for sensitivity and responsiveness
- Personalized attention
- The backing of a major research program with immediate translation of findings to patient care
Our team includes physician specialists: radiology, pathology, surgical oncology, medical oncology, radiation oncology, plastic surgery, and cancer rehabilitation.
Your team also includes:
- Nurses and Genetic Counselors with advanced training and experience in helping people concerned about breast and ovarian cancer risk.
- Patient Support Specialists who are committed to making sure that your experience is as smooth as possible. Our patient support specialists are experts in navigating complex healthcare situations. They serve as a consistent point of contact and a reliable source for support and direction for patients and families. They can help in a variety of ways including: provide emotional support, identify resources, and ensure access to information, support services and educational programs sponsored by the Cancer Center, as well as community resources.
- Cancer Counselors work exclusively with cancer patients and their families. They are available to provide individual, couples or family counseling. Our team includes a psychologist and psychiatrist who specializes in the issues that cancer patients face. Our cancer psychiatrist is available for counseling, prescribing medications and consulting with your team of Penn cancer specialists.
- Registered Dietitians are available to provide nutritional counseling for patients being treated for cancer at the Cancer Center. Our dietitians specialize in cancer nutrition and provide information based on sound nutritional therapies.
Your Abramson Cancer Center team is there to provide you and your family with the care, information, and support you need.