Jordan Center for Gynecologic Cancers
The Penn Difference
Innovative Research...Advanced Medicine...Service Excellence
If diagnosed with a gynecologic cancer, or concerned about a gynecologic cancer, it's important to have the best team of experts available.
Penn’s Multidisciplinary Gynecologic Cancer Program at the Jordan Center for Gynecologic Cancer has individuals nationally recognized for their expertise; who can provide the information, care and support to help each step of the way.
- Nationally recognized experts with extensive experience in diagnosing and treating gynecologic cancer, as well as those at risk
- Multidisciplinary evaluation
- Advanced diagnostic testing, treatments and technologies
- Coordinated care throughout the experience
- Support services and education programs
- A reputation for sensitivity and responsiveness
- Personalized attention
- Innovative clinical trials
- The backing of a major research program with immediate translation to patient care
The Jordan Center for Gynecologic Cancer at Penn brings together specialists who are actively involved in leading-edge research, providing you with the added comfort of knowing that you will receive the latest treatments and the most advanced medicine available anywhere.
Our Center has been designed to speed diagnosis and treatment, enhance comfort and convenience, and is the conduit to revolutionize research and clinical trials, ensuring that the latest discovery is translated to better patient care immediately.
What sets Penn’s Gynecologic Cancer Program apart?
Our gynecologic cancer team has dedicated their clinical and research careers to improving our ability to diagnose and treat patients with gynecologic cancer and those at risk.
It is this relentless pursuit for the very best clinical outcome and quality of life that drives Penn’s Gynecologic Cancer Program.
Penn’s program is distinguished in a number of ways including:
- Groundbreaking clinical and basic science research to develop new treatments for recurrent and advanced cancer as well as new approaches for cancer detection and prevention.
- Integration into a comprehensive research program in gynecologic cancer that is funded by the National Institutes of Health, ensuring that the latest discovery is translated to better patient care immediately.
- A Center for Research on Early Detection and Cure of Ovarian Cancer -- the first of its kind in the region— that’s conducting research including: an ovarian cancer vaccine, and a blood test to detect some ovarian cancers when the tumor is a size where it can be successfully treated.
- A dedicated gynecologic cancers research lab which is the only one of its kind in the Philadelphia region and one of only a handful in the country.
- Ground breaking research that has led to the discovery that ovarian cancer responds to immunotherapy
- Actively involved in the Gynecologic Oncology Group (GOG), a National Cancer Institute-funded National Cooperative Group testing new treatment approaches through clinical trials.
- A national reputation for outstanding patient care and innovative treatment approaches unavailable at most hospitals or cancer centers.
- Gynecologic oncologists who work closely with other Penn specialists and your referring physician to provide you with comprehensive, integrated care.
- More full-time board certified gynecologic oncologists than any other hospital in the Philadelphia region.
- Gynecological oncologists who use surgical approaches that preserve reproductive organs and provide the best chance for a cure whenever possible.
- Robotic gynecologic surgery to treat cervical and uterine cancer. We perform more robotic gynecologic surgeries than any other program in the Philadelphia region.
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery to manage early stage cancers of the uterus, cervix and ovaries.
- Examination of the use of advanced laproscopic surgery in morbidly obese uterine cancer patients, an approach that has not traditionally been used.
- Advanced clinical treatments, such as intraperitoneal chemotherapy, which has shown to potentially increase survival for advanced ovarian cancer.
- The option of referral to Penn Fertility Care to discuss options related to fertility for patients who are still in their reproductive years and desire children.
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks Penn among the top in the nation for cancer and women's health.