Team Approach/Multidisciplinary Care
When diagnosed with a gynecologic cancer, or concerned about a cancer diagnosis, patients need complete confidence in their medical team.
The Multidisciplinary Gynecologic Cancer Team at Penn’s Abramson Cancer Center offers:
- Nationally recognized experts with years of experience in diagnosing and treating gynecologic cancers
- Advanced diagnostic testing, treatments and technologies
- Coordinated, multidisciplinary care
- Support services and education programs
- A reputation for sensitivity and responsiveness
- Personalized attention
- Innovative clinical trials
- The backing of a major research program with immediate translation of findings to patient care
Our gynecologic cancer team includes physician specialists in: gynecologic -oncology, radiation oncology, pathology and radiology.
Your team may include:
- Nurses with advanced training and experience in helping people concerned about gynecologic cancers.
- Patient Support Specialists who are committed to making sure the experience is as smooth as possible. Our patient support specialists are experts in navigating complex healthcare situations. They serve as a consistent point of contact and a reliable source for support and direction for patients and families. They can help in a variety of ways including: provide emotional support, identify resources, and ensure access to information, support services and educational programs sponsored by the Cancer Center, as well as community resources.
- Cancer Counselors Our counselors work exclusively with cancer patients and their families. They are available to provide individual, couples or family counseling. Our team includes a psychologist and psychiatrist who specialize in the issues that cancer patients face. Our cancer psychiatrist is available for counseling, prescribing medications and consulting with your team of Penn cancer specialists.
- Registered Dietitians are available to provide nutritional counseling for patients being treated for cancer at the Cancer Center. Our dietitians specialize in cancer nutrition and provide information based on sound nutritional therapies.
The Abramson Cancer Center team is there to provide patients and families with the care, information, and support needed.